Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Round Top Scores

So this week is the big antique show down in Warrenton / Round Top, Texas. If you've never been, do yourself the favor and check it out. I picked up some good stuff today that'll be available at Uncommon Objects soon. I'm a fan of old apothecary items and found about 40 little bottles today. It's crazy what people used to ingest in hopes of curing their ailments. I guess the same could be said for today's drugs, but now that they're called things like Aleve and Claritin instead of Zinc Nitrate and P. Serpent.



4 comments:

A TIME TO GET said...

Is UO your digs? Looks pretty rad.

DON WEIR said...

no, i wish. i just have a space in there. steve wiman (found object artist and uber collector) owns it. you should come check it out sometime. an unreal collection of oddities.

Mark Sage said...

I follow your blog and I was trying to hook up with you in Texas. I think I sold some things to you...at least to UO. A joker sign, some fish placards, a danger sign. Was that you? I had over 1000 apothecary bottles in Texas. I import 50+ containers of oddities per year from Belgium, Sweden and Argentina. Go to lovetrainantiques.com I also have a new furniture line in which we use repurposed materials. We make everything in our factory in Poland. bobointriguingobjects.com I'll see you in Texas in six months.

DON WEIR said...

i think that was probably our shop owner, steve wiman, but next time you're down this way lemme know and i'll check out your stuff.

 
Clicky Web Analytics